NOVA Strength & Conditioning, NOVA CrossFit, Monday, 08.07.2017
Every 45 seconds for 8 rounds:
2 back squats
*use around 50-60% of your max, go fast and hard with each rep and set
Tabata Mash Up
Box jumps (24/20)
Russian kettlebell swings (70/53)
Barbell thrusters (75/55)
One round is 20 seconds max reps box jumps, 10 seconds rest, 20 seconds max reps kettlebell swings, 10 seconds rest, 20 seconds max thrusters, 10 seconds rest. Do 8 rounds of that.
NOVA Strength & Conditioning, NOVA CrossFit, Friday, 08.04.2017
Every 2 minutes for 7 rounds:
odd rounds – 8-10 strict handstand push ups
even rounds – 8-10 strict pull ups
Every 3 minutes for 7 rounds:
NOVA Strength & Conditioning, NOVA CrossFit, Wednesday, 08.02.2017
EMOM x 10:
1 hang squat snatch
*start light and work up to a heavy single
odd – burpees for 45 seconds
even – 15 unbroken DB push press
*pick a weight you can go unbroken with
NOVA Strength & Conditioning, NOVA CrossFit, Monday, 08.01.2017
By LuLu Geza Kelemen
The CrossFit Coach said: “From standing, lower the chest and thighs to the floor, then come back to standing before finishing with a jump and clap overhead. And repeat.” And so it was. Burpees. We’ve been doing it ever since. ￼ So, you ask, why do we do burpees? If you are a CrossFit athlete at any level, you have probably pondered this very question, especially when you’re having to do a WOD that has 50+ burpees, usually during the burpee section of said WOD. Well, it may not be a popular answer, but it’s because burpees are unicorn magic. A burpee is one of the most efficient exercises, and can push every athlete in agility, arm, core, and leg strength, as well as endurance! For example, all of these scenarios are possible: if jumping your feet from under you to behind you is too much to ask, you can scale by stepping your feet backward one by one… and still be doing burpees. you could also put a box in front of you so that you do not have to go all the way to the floor… and you will still be doing burpees. if you are proficient, you can increase your speed and do more work or quicker work… and you will still be doing burpees. you could also aim to jump higher or over a bar/box/friend as you come up off the ground… and you will still be doing burpees. if you are unable to make it to the gym that day, all you need is a square of floor or ground to lower yourself on to… and you can still get a full body work out by doing burpees. See, I told you that burpees are unicorn magic—now go ahead and hit 100 burpees for time!
4 rounds for time:
50 double unders (150 singles or less than 3 months 100 singles)
25 kettlebell goblet squats (53/35#)
15 pull ups
NOVA Strength & Conditioning, NOVA CrossFit, Thursday, 07.27,17
Even when we aren’t at the gym we are keeping an eye on you from the sky.
Clean well NOVA Strength & Conditioning athletes, clean well.
Clean – 1rm
Death by squat clean (135/95)
*do 1 clean the first minute, 2 cleans the next minute, 3 the third minute, etc. until you can no longer complete the prescribed number of cleans in the minute.
NOVA Strength & Conditioning, NOVA CrossFit, Wednesday, 07.26.17
Every 3 minutes for 5 rounds perform
4, 2-count paused back squats
*work up to a heavy set of four
7 rounds for reps of
40 seconds max box jumps (24/20, step down!)
20 seconds rest
40 seconds max toes to bar
20 seconds rest
40 seconds max goblet squat (53/35)
20 seconds rest
NOVA Strength & Conditioning, NOVA CrossFit, Tuesday, 07.25.17
Push Press: Work up to a heavy double
3 rounds for time:
Run around the building
25 handstand push ups
25 russian kettlebell swings (70/53)
NOVA Strength & Conditioning, NOVA CrossFit, Monday, 07.24.17
Mobility & Warm Up for Warm Up EMOM
Warm Up –
10 wall ball (20/14)
3 muscle ups or Chest to Bar Pull Ups or Pull Ups or Feet elevated Ring Rows
Overhead Squat: 3×3, if unable to perform FROM, then work with a light load to achieve FROM
Every 4 minutes for 4 rounds:
10 hang power snatches (115/85)
10 overhead squats (115/85)
Beat the Monday Blues
Happy Days—Your Action Plan
Anonymous on Greatist
Stop scowling! Follow these 13 simple steps to beat the blues and greet the new week like it’s Friday night.
1. Don’t live for the weekends.Studies show people who are stressed at work tend to be much happier on the weekend. So don’t only look forward to Saturday and Sunday; try to spread out the joy and plan something fun during the week, like a movie night with pals.
2. Relaaax. Pick either Friday or Saturday night to go out, and spend another evening staying home with friends. (Game night, anyone?!) Too much time out and about may lead to less sleep and pesky hangovers.
3. Don’t sleep in. Who can resist sleeping till noon? But instead of waking up just in time for lunch, try sticking to the same sleep schedule all week to feel rested and energized all week long.
4. Plan ahead Sunday night. Lay out the Monday morning outfit and pack a good lunch the night before—eliminating any stress in the A.M. will only make Monday’s more tolerable. And remember to re-set the alarm in order to wake up on time and avoid being late for work.
5. Hit the hay early on Sunday. Make sure to get seven to nine hours of sleep to gear up for the workweek. Getting to bed at a reasonable hour will make the alarm clock our new friend.
8. Hit the (early-bird) gym. It’s no secret that exercise amps up endorphin levels, so try getting in early morning exercise to start the day off right . Crunched for time? Try this four-minuteworkout.
9. Look snazzy. New dress, new day. Save that latest fun purchase for Monday morning, or even wear red to feel more confident when headed to the office .
10. Smile! Smile in the shower, flash a grin to the barista, and show those pearly whites to the whole office. Some contagious smiles could help make us feel a lot better .
13. Figure out why Monday’s are blue. If you’re dreading Mondays no matter what, then it may be time to switch careers.