NOVA Strength & Conditioning, NOVA CrossFit, Thursday, 07.27,17
Even when we aren’t at the gym we are keeping an eye on you from the sky.
Clean well NOVA Strength & Conditioning athletes, clean well.
Clean – 1rm
Death by squat clean (135/95)
*do 1 clean the first minute, 2 cleans the next minute, 3 the third minute, etc. until you can no longer complete the prescribed number of cleans in the minute.
NOVA Strength & Conditioning, NOVA CrossFit, Wednesday, 07.26.17
Every 3 minutes for 5 rounds perform
4, 2-count paused back squats
*work up to a heavy set of four
7 rounds for reps of
40 seconds max box jumps (24/20, step down!)
20 seconds rest
40 seconds max toes to bar
20 seconds rest
40 seconds max goblet squat (53/35)
20 seconds rest
NOVA Strength & Conditioning, NOVA CrossFit, Tuesday, 07.25.17
Push Press: Work up to a heavy double
3 rounds for time:
Run around the building
25 handstand push ups
25 russian kettlebell swings (70/53)
NOVA Strength & Conditioning, NOVA CrossFit, Monday, 07.24.17
Mobility & Warm Up for Warm Up EMOM
Warm Up –
10 wall ball (20/14)
3 muscle ups or Chest to Bar Pull Ups or Pull Ups or Feet elevated Ring Rows
Overhead Squat: 3×3, if unable to perform FROM, then work with a light load to achieve FROM
Every 4 minutes for 4 rounds:
10 hang power snatches (115/85)
10 overhead squats (115/85)
Beat the Monday Blues
Happy Days—Your Action Plan
Anonymous on Greatist
Stop scowling! Follow these 13 simple steps to beat the blues and greet the new week like it’s Friday night.
1. Don’t live for the weekends.Studies show people who are stressed at work tend to be much happier on the weekend. So don’t only look forward to Saturday and Sunday; try to spread out the joy and plan something fun during the week, like a movie night with pals.
2. Relaaax. Pick either Friday or Saturday night to go out, and spend another evening staying home with friends. (Game night, anyone?!) Too much time out and about may lead to less sleep and pesky hangovers.
3. Don’t sleep in. Who can resist sleeping till noon? But instead of waking up just in time for lunch, try sticking to the same sleep schedule all week to feel rested and energized all week long.
4. Plan ahead Sunday night. Lay out the Monday morning outfit and pack a good lunch the night before—eliminating any stress in the A.M. will only make Monday’s more tolerable. And remember to re-set the alarm in order to wake up on time and avoid being late for work.
5. Hit the hay early on Sunday. Make sure to get seven to nine hours of sleep to gear up for the workweek. Getting to bed at a reasonable hour will make the alarm clock our new friend.
8. Hit the (early-bird) gym. It’s no secret that exercise amps up endorphin levels, so try getting in early morning exercise to start the day off right . Crunched for time? Try this four-minuteworkout.
9. Look snazzy. New dress, new day. Save that latest fun purchase for Monday morning, or even wear red to feel more confident when headed to the office .
10. Smile! Smile in the shower, flash a grin to the barista, and show those pearly whites to the whole office. Some contagious smiles could help make us feel a lot better .
13. Figure out why Monday’s are blue. If you’re dreading Mondays no matter what, then it may be time to switch careers.