I am an Olympic lifter or only want to train the Olympic lifts. Do I have to CrossFit?
No. Olympic lifting, coaching and programming is available without having to CrossFit. NOVA S & C has a competitive lifting team that competes at the regional, national, and international level. We take pride in being a premier Olympic weightlifting gym capable of catering to our athletes needs by training the classic lifts, assistance lifts, and performing accessory work.
Do I need experience or some minimum level of fitness?
No. Our workouts and exercises scale to any level. We have trained clients from seventy-four year old grandparents to people with all sorts of weight and physical limitations. Scaling and modifying the movements to suit your needs is an absolute and constant priority.
I have/had an injury. Is CrossFit still for me?
Members have successfully used CrossFit to rehabilitate from injuries. Because we have to move, work, and play in the real world regardless of injury, learning and understanding proper form and technique is not only a necessity, but a great way to ensure a long-term healthy lifestyle. With our coaching, you build strength and form. We guide you to movement modifications to scale the load and intensity of the movements to keep you safe.
How do I start?
Call 703-873-7596 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a trial and get a taste of a NOVA S&C workout and see if our community will be a good fit for you.
Is it possible to skip the trial workout and come to the Workout of the Day (WOD) class?
Typically we like everyone to complete the baseline workout. This allows our trainers to assess your movement patterns, athletic ability and better guide you before, during, and after the workout.
Will CrossFit make me bulky?
Check out this article written by a non-bulky woman. But if you wanna get bulky we can do that too, remember CrossFit is scalable in all directions.
I’m just visiting, but I’m a CrossFitter/Olympic Lifter in a program elsewhere. Can I drop-in?
We welcome experienced CrossFitters/lifters. Please call or email first to set up a class time. When you arrive be sure to let your coach know your level of CrossFit experience and if you have any limitations. There is a $20 drop-in charge.
What if I don’t want to join NOVA S&C but would prefer to work with one of your trainers one-on-one?
We offer personal and small group training. Rates are dependent on trainer and number of sessions. Please contact us for more information.
Can I just come and work out on my own?
No. Every class occurs under our coaches’ supervision. This ensures everyone’s safety with the added benefit of better and faster results.
All memberships and private training sessions
General Membership Policy:
- Contracts are billed monthly on your anniversary day.
- You can upgrade your membership at any time.
- 5% service fee on contracts paid via credit card. No additional fee for ACH payment.
- No “Rollover” Classes. All classes must be used in the billing month.
- MIL = Military Discount. This applies to Active Duty and Activated Reservist ONLY.
- LEO = Active Law Enforcement Officer ONLY.
- FF = Active Firefighter ONLY.
- Military Dependents, Government Civilians, and Government Contractors are NOT eligible for MIL/LEO/FF Discount
- Couples Discount applies to married couples ONLY.
- If you are eligible for multiple discounts, they are multiplied, not added when used to calculate your monthly membership.
Setting up ACH:
Setting up ACH can be done by one of the following methods:
- Emailing your routing number and account number information to email@example.com
- Emailing a photo of a check to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring in a voided check to the gym and give it to a coach
- Athletes can hold their memberships for time periods of one month of longer and no more than six months. Billing continues through the hold period, with hold dates added to the end of the agreement.
- Athletes must notify email@example.com 48 hours prior to billing and/or hold dates or be subject to a $20 refund fee.
- Membership suspension does not alter the original contract agreement in any way.
- Broken contracts will require the greater of either, a penalty fee of 40% of remaining contract obligation or $300, paid in full at time of termination.
- At the time of reactivate, you will resume at your previous membership rate unless your membership has been suspended/terminated for longer than 6 months. If this is the case, you will be reactivated at the current rate.
- All athletes are required to check-in to a class when they arrive at the gym for the class. Failure to check-in will result in a $35 fee which will charged to your account.
Declined Credit Card payments:
- If your membership payment was declined, you have 72 hours to update your information or your membership will be terminated.
Declined ACH payments:
- If your ACH payment was declined due to insufficient funds, a fee of $25 will be charged to your account.
- If your ACH payment was declined for any other reason, you will have 72 hours to provide payment or your membership will be terminated.
Exceeding Membership level:
- In order to provide as much flexibility as possible to our members, if you have a limited membership and wish to come to additional classes within your billing month, you may do so so long as you check in. You will pay your per class rate for any number of classes you exceeded. This will be calculated by taking the base price and dividing it by your membership level.
- If a refund is requested for any purchase or charge, a $20 fee will apply.
- Refunds will be given on membership charges within 48 hours of the charge. Refunds will not be given to membership charges that occurred more than 48 hours prior.
- Sessions requested through the website must be confirmed by a coach. Please do not consider your appointment final until a coach has confirmed with you. This is particularly true if you are booking at the last minute — a coach will probably not be here at 7am if you booked your appointment at midnight!
- We have a strict 24-hour cancellation policy. If a confirmed appointment is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged for the session. To reschedule an appointment with more than 24-hours notice, please contact your coach directly.
- All sessions expire one year after purchase.